The Sunday Post #1: Make up Brush Maintenance


Cleaning your make up brushes is one of those tasks that everyone hates but has to do, it's always one of those tasks that gets left behind. I can't even stress how important it is to make sure that your brushes are nice and clean, especially if you use them on a regular basis. Dirty make up brushes can lead to bad skin and breakouts, purely because you're basically applying old make up residue back on to your face. AND your make up will apply so much better if you're using clean brushes - which is definitely a plus!

Luckily, I have found two fool proof ways to get your brushes super squeaky clean. How much time have you got? For a quick spot clean, I always reach for the MAC brush cleanser. I love this cleanser, it is really quick and easy to use. I pour a small amount onto a flannel, swirl the hairs around on there and ta-dah! Two minutes later your brush is ready for action.

If I have a little more time, I would get out the liquid soap and give them a deep clean - this is usually left for a lazy Sunday afternoon - My favourite is Dr Bronners 8-in-1 Magic Soap. I have the Lavender one which leaves my brushes smelling fresh! A small amount in the palm of your hand and massaged into the ends of a wet brush is all it takes. When this is rinsed out you will be amazed at the colour of the water! Give it a quick squeeze to get all of the water out and gently mould back into shape before leaving them balanced over the side of a table overnight to dry off.

What do you use to clean your brushes?

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...