MUA Lipstick



So I have recently purchased a few products from Superdrug's own make up brand, MUA. And I have to say that I am pleasantly surprised the quality of the products. With them all being just £1 each, you can't really go wrong!

I started off with the lipsticks, now I only started wearing lipstick a couple of months ago, but since then, I have become slightly obsessed!  I now have like 13 lipsticks, which I know is a bit excessive considering the time frame in which these were purchased. BUT, the price of these little sticks was just too hard to resist!

When I first got to the MUA stand, I was disapointed with the fact that the lipsticks were riiiiiight at the bottom, so I was pretty much sat on the floor looking at them, which was not the most comfortable! I also noticed the lack of testers, which usually would have put me off buying any of the products, but I still went ahead with it!


I picked up two of the many shades that they had on offer and I have to say, that overall, I am really pleased with the lipsticks, they are very nourishing and moisturising and are very pigmented. This came as a shock to me, as I was expecting very little colour to come up when applied, BUT, they glide on very smoothly and feel nice when on as well. They are also unscented, I don't really mind this as I am not really a fan of strong scents.




The first one I picked up is pictured above, it is 'shade 2'. I must have spent around 2 minutes looking for a cute and pretty name for this, but turns out MUA don't name their lipsticks, which was also rather disappointing. Shade 2 has a dark pinky tone with a slight shimmer to it. I'm not that much of a fan of the shimmering,  but I can imagine it looking really pretty on someone else. Again it is really pigmented and the colour is very deep and rich. I think I am going to try and wear this again soon, because even though it was cheap, I feek like its a waste if I don't wear it, so I will probably end up mixing a couple of different lipsticks together or just dabbing this one on top of another one to give my lips a little more depth.




This is the second one I found, it was 'shade 11'. This one is my favourite of the two, it is a lot lighter than the previous, and is definitely more wearable for me. Its really hard to describe, but its a little bit nude but with some pinky undertones. When I put it on, it just gives a nice 'finished' look, its not obvious that you're wearing lipstick but it just totally changes the look of your face and just makes you look really refreshed and awake and glowy! I like to wear this on a casual day, when I'm not really doing anything.  Again, very moisturising like the previous, So yeah, definitely love that one!




I think I will definitely be picking up a couple more of these lipsticks,  and will probably have a look at some of the other products they have. But so far, MUA gets a big fat thumbs up from me, and I would recommend them to anyone!


D ♥

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...