A Healthy Balance Base


Recently, I have literally just been using the same products everyday so I really wanted needed  to try something new to mix it up a little. So I popped into Boots and decided to get the Bourjois Healthy Mix serum and setting powder.

I have previously used the Healthy Mix Foundation a couple of years back and to be honest, I'm not really sure why I stopped using it. This new foundation doesn't seem all that different in regards to the original formula, but promises that it has been made 'even better'.

According to Bourjois, this foundation gives a healthy glow and flawless complextion, and is packed with various fruits as well such as apricot for radiance, melon for hydration, apple to protect youth and crystalline pigments to help to even out skin tone.

It has a light to medium coverage but is defintely buildable. It is very lightweight and dewey in the sense that I hardly even notice that I'm wearing it. I have applied it with both my fingers and the Real Techniques Buffing Brush, but I have to say, I do prefer it with the brush because it is a lot less messy and I just love the flawless finish that the Buffing Brush gives. I do really like using a pore minimising product first though, like a primer or serum to get the ulimate flawless base. 

I would probably recommend this for those who have dry skin as it does give a dewey look, so this may look a little bit too dewey on those with oily skin.

I've also been giving the Healthy Balance Compact Powder a try too. Again I love this as it can be worn alone or on top of a foundation. It very light coverage so it is perfect just to create an airbrushed finish as it helps to illiminate pores. 

It is very compact and has a large mirror inside so it is perfect to keep in your bag for top ups. I like to apply this with my Eco tools Powder brush because it's really big and fluffy so it doesn't apply too much product at once, but again is still buildable.

It does have a matte finish so it is anti-shine and works wonders on top of the Healthy Mix Serum as well, so even though the foundation gives a dewey finish, it can be slightly mattified using this.

The fruity smell of both of these products is amazing. My skin doesn't react to frangrance but I could see it maybe posing a problem for some. And i've never had a problem with the longevity of wither product either, unless it is a particularly hot day!

So all in all I LOVE these two products, the fact that they are both so simple and easy to wear, give a lightweight base with a good amount of coverage without creating a mask, and quite frankly, the smell!

Have you ever tried anything from the Healthy Mix Family? I would love to hear about all of your favourite products!
 


2 comments

  1. I love the powder at the moment :) like you I haven't used the foundation in a few years but maybe it's time to bring it back! xx

    Magpie Jasmine || GIVEAWAY!: Urban Decay/Nars/Charlotte Tilbury/Too Faced

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha it is definitely a firm favourite of mine again! especially now that the weather is so cold and my kin is so dry! xx

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...