My Favourite Concealer Duo


After getting into a routine with my Clarisonic (blogpost coming soon) over the last couple of weeks, I have found that my skin has dramatically changed. I went from having a rough complexion, with numerous breakouts all the time, to a baby soft, blemish free (to an extent) face. Because of this, I am no longer wearing as much make up on a daily basis. So instead of the full, heavy coverage foundation every day, I have been opting for a bit of concealer under my eyes and the areas of my face which need a little pick me up.

The two I have been using the most are the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer. - I have the shade 'dark' which in my opinion isn't dark at all - and the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in the shade caramel. Both of these concealers have the same kind of applicator, but their formulas couldn't be more different, and the prices range from one extreme to the other!

I like to start with the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer under my eyes. It conceals any flaws or imperfections and apparently lasts up to 16 hours. I doesn't crease and makes you look more awake. Even when I am wearing my glasses. Even though I have the darkest shade, it is that slight bit lighter than my skin tone. I would like to use this on other areas of my face but as it only comes in four colour choices, there isn't one that matches quite right, and dark seems to enhance any blemishes rather than concealing them. The other down side of this concealer is that it can be quite drying as well so make sure to use a hydrating eye cream first. But then at £4.19 it's a good one to have in your makeup bag. Available here.

On the other hand. The Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer has a huge range of different colours, and you can get matched up at the counter which means you don't have to worry about getting the wrong shade. And at £22 you have to be sure it is the right colour! This concealer is lightweight medium to full coverage as it is very buildable. In comparison to the Lasting Perfection Concealer, it is a lot more hydrating, which in turn helps to create a softer, smoother complexion. BUT I am not really a fan of this under my eyes as it tends to crease and occasionally transfers onto my glasses if I haven't used a powder on top (which I tend to forget). Available here.

Have you tried either of these?









2 comments

  1. To be honest I don't wear makeup much these days but it's nice to learn about new products.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried either. I'm using Benefit Boing at the moment and love it. Not sure anything will really take away the circles under my eyes though unfortunately! x x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...