No Noodle Pad Thai




I finally got a spiraliser! About time as well! I have literally been after one for months and months, but didn't want to spend a fortune on one. I first got one off eBay for 99p, and it's true what they say, you do get what you pay for! Hahahaha it was the worst thing, it didn't even cut properly which was so annoying! Anyway, whilst I was at the ideal home show last week, there was a company called Nova, which have loads of different slicers and stuff, and a spiraliser was one of them, so I obviously had to get one! 

Anyway, enough about the spiraliser! Courgetti has become increasingly popular recently so I decided to make a 'no noodle pad Thai'. I have seen recipes for this all over the place and it looks delicious! AND anyone who knows me understands my love of pad Thai (it's literally all I ever get from wagamama's) But it can be quite heavy what with all the noodles and big chunks of tofu so the raw pad Thai is a nice alternative to have. 

After doing extensive research and finding like 10 different recipes, I decided I was just going to wing it and hope for the best! They were all very similar with slight differences so I kind of incorporated a bit from each one to suit my own taste buds. 

For the 'noodles':

Spiralise your veg! I used two courgettes, two carrots and then I just chucked a handful of beansprouts in there too. Chop up some spring onions and toss them in the mix too if you fancy! 

This bit is optional, but I then shallow-fried some tofu and then mixed this in with all the veg too. Add some sesame seeds and some coriander and you're ready to move on to the sauce. 

For the peanut sauce

The sauce is so easy to make, you will need some peanut butter, (I used like half a cup) the juice of two limes because I like it tangy, a splash of soy sauce, around 2 tablespoons of honey, s tablespoon of chopped ginger, and some chilli flakes. 

You literally just put it all in a bowl and mix until smooth! You may want to add a bit of eager to thin it out a bit too, if it's too thick, it won't coat all of your noodles! 

You can adjust any of the ingredients depending on your individual tastes but it's hard to get it wrong!

All that's left to do it put it all together. If you're not going to eat it straight away then I would recommend storing each part in two separate containers, and then mix them together just before you are going to eat it.

Simple drizzle the sauce on top and then use your fingers to make sure every strand of veg is covered.

I then garnished it with some avocado, some more coriander and a generous helping of sesame seeds and chilli flakes on top and finish with a slice of lime!

Enjoy!

What are your favourite courgetti recipes?

X 










Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...