Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation

 

My new favourite foundation is the Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation (£32). It has a really nice natural, skin-like finish which isn't too matte or too dewy. It blends beautifully, without feeling heavy or cakey on the skin. The formula is super breathable and buildable so you can have a fuller coverage if you like.

I like to apply this with a buffing brush, my favourite is the Real Techniques one. I like to squeeze a small amount on to the back of my hand and then I take a little bit at a time on my brush, to then tap it onto my skin and then lightly blend until I’m happy with the result. It creates the most flawless coverage, by blurring any imperfections or uneven skin time.

The lasting power is incredible, even without a setting powder. It is a good one to take from day to night as you are getting a pretty heavy coverage, although it does become dewier as the day goes on, without looking sweaty, so if I was wearing this in the evening, I would probably use a matte primer first.

I am not a huge fan of the packaging, I can imagine getting the rest of the product out may be next to impossible which would be annoying. But you only really need a tiny amount so I feel as though the tube would last ages.

What are your thoughts on the Skin Base foundation?


x

4 comments

  1. I've been reading recently many good reviews about this foundation and really want to try it! I like to have a decent coverage but, obviously, not looking cake-y, and most of my foundation wears off pretty quickly so I'm curious how this would perform. x

    Mummy’s Beauty Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would say definitely try this one out! It had such good coverage but you hardly feel it on your skin! I usually have the say problem with my foundations wearing off, but this lasted all day for me! X

      Delete
  2. I'll have to have a look into this one - I agree though the packaging could be nicer for the cost! xx

    Magpie Jasmine || Palette Giveaway: Urban Decay, Nars, Charlotte Tilbury, Too Faced

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Haha I might have to cut it open when I have used more of it up! X

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...