Cranberry Eye



I have been totally feeling smokey eyes recently, so I decided to put this look together. It is a pinky/purply take on the traditional smokey eye, which (without sounding like I have a huge ego) I think compliments my brown eyes nicely, and makes them look brighter. (LOL).

Skin: I was going for a luminous finish so I firstly primed my skin with the L’Oréal Lumi Magique Pure Light Primer. I absolutely LOVE this primer. You can use it alone, but I really like the look of it underneath foundation. It creates such a beautiful dewey, radiant finish. I then went in with the Bourjois Health Mix Serum Foundation in the Shade 55 Dark Beige. I chose this one because it has medium coverage and literally stays put for hours. AND I just really love the finish of it when blended in with a beauty blender. Because I was going in heavy on my eyes, I obviously needed to highlight the high points of my face, so I used the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in the shade 4, Dark. (This is not actually dark and it makes me sad that this is the darkest shade they have). On my cheeks, I used the NYC Big Bold Bronzer in Manhat-Tan to warm everything up and then used MAC, Breezy blusher on the apples of my cheeks. I think the blusher went really well with the cranberry eyeshadow as it is pretty deep. And then I set everything with the MAC Prep and Prime Powder. As this is a translucent powder, you have to make sure you literally use the tiniest amount otherwise you will actually look like a ghost! But it has the most beautiful finish, and doesn't take away from the radiance of the primer/foundation combo.

Eyes: Eyebrows are pretty standard. I used the Sleek Eyebrow Pencil in Dark mainly at the front bits of my brows to draw in some extra hairs (lol) and to make them look thicker, I then went in with the Benefit Gimme Brow to set everything in place. So I started on my eyes by priming my eyelids with the Benefit Lemon Aid Eye Primer to give me a blank canvas. I then went in with the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in On and On Bronze to create the base shadow. I then used Cranberry by MAC as my transition colour and blended it right out into my crease. Indian Ink from MAC was my next colour of choice, it is this beautiful matte purple shade. I put this in the outer corners of my eyes and blended it into the cranberry to create more depth. I then used the Bourjois Colourband Eyeshadow and liner in the shade 06 Gris Graffiti which is a metallic grey (almost silver) eyeshadow pencil. I packed this on to the whole of my eyelid and then blended all of these together, adding more cranberry as I go, and packing on the purply shade too. When I was satisfied with the colour, I lined my eyelids with the L’Oréal Super Liner (my favourite) and the Rimmel Nude Eyeliner on my lower water line. My mascara of choice was the Benefit They're Real Mascara on both top and bottom lashes. I was going to go for falsies, but couldn't find my glue anywhere!

Lips: For my lips I firstly lined them with MAC Fashion Toast. I absolutely LOVE this lip liner. It is such a beautiful magenta colour and is one of the Prolong Wear Lip Liners so it literally stays put! I then went in with Captive from MAC. As the lip liner is quite drying, I didn't want to wear a matte lipstick so Captive is a Satin finish lipstick so it more moisturising than any matte lipsticks.

I hope you like this look!

X

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...