Green Smokey Eye



I'm never usually one to wear any eyeshadow. I have always been a simple eyeliner girl, but more and more I have been seeing all of these fabulous makeup looks on Instagram, so I wanted to try one myself! I decided to go for a teal smokey eye. It is very much an evening look as it is pretty intense, but I literally fell in love with how dark and sultry (lol) this looked when it was done.

Skin: For my base, I really wanted an airbrushed effect so I used a beauty blender to blend all of the products used. I didn't want my skin too look too overdone, so because my eyes were pretty intense, I wanted my skin to look nice and dewey and not cakey.  I first went in with smash box photo finish primer to prepare my skin for the rest of the products. This not only makes your makeup stay for so much longer, but it stops me from getting oily too, which tends to happen when I go do a heavy look. I then took the L’Oréal true match foundation in the shade Rose Sand. I loooove how this looked when I blended it all out, so airbrushed and flawless, but not with too much coverage. Then I used the Maybelline instant age rewind concealer in the shade Nude, to irradicate any dark circles and to highlight the high points of my face. For contouring, I used the makeup revolution blush stick in Malibu matte, I put this in the hollows of my cheeks and down the sides of my nose. And then, blended this all with my beauty blender. For blusher, I used one from my makeup revolution blush palette, I went for the peachy one, to add a little bit of colour but not to take away from the eyes. The highlight I used was Carefree from MAC. I put this on the high points of my face, so tops of my cheekbones, down the bridge of my nose and on my Cupid's bow. And finally I finished it with the Bourjois powder.

Eyes: Okay I'm going to go brows first. I used the sleek eyebrow pencil in dark, and gave a little extra shape to my brows, and then added a little bit of carbon by MAC, to make it stronger, and then set them with the benefit gimme brow. I firstly primed my eyes with the benefit lemon aid primer. This creates such a great blank canvas. I then went in with my transition shade, I used Humid by MAC, and put this in my crease and blended it out loaaaads, whilst adding more product until I was happy with the final colour. I then went in with one of the Maybelline colour tattoos. Because this is a cream shadow and matte black, it gives so much depth and intensity into the eye. I then took a MAC 217 brush and blended this right out until it transitioning nicely with the colour we added previously. I kept adding more product until I was happy with the result. Then I went in with Green Smoke from MAC, which is such a nice deep khaki colour. I packed this on top of the black and blended it out. I also took this underneath my lower water line to smoke it up. And then I just blended this out again. I then lined both upper and lower water lines with a black liner. I used one I got from Topshop a while ago, and then I used the L’Oréal super liner and did a nice big wing. I coated both sets of lashes with the L’Oréal voluminous mascara, and then popped on some eyelashes. I actually got these off eBay! They were like 9 pairs for £1! SUCH A BARGAIN!

Lips: So because my eyes were so heavy, I went for a nude (well as nude as I am willing to go) lip. After moisturising my lips with the Nuxe Reve de Miel Lipbalm, k went in with a lip liner first of all. I used MAC Spice, which I find to be very similar to my natural lip colour so it is fab for faking that fuller lip. On top of that, I was torn between either using MAC velvet teddy or Mehr. I went for Mehr! I felt as though velvet teddy would make me look washed out, and Mehr is a muted pink and went well with the lip liner too.

I really hope you like this look!

X

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...