Everyday Make up Brushes

 

I don't tend to wear a lot of makeup on a daily basis, I like to stick to my usual light base, spot of concealer, brows (obviously), a bit of bronze, some blush and a coating of mascara. This is my general everyday makeup, be it for work, or if I'm off out shopping, so these brushes are the ones that get used near enough every day.

Firstly, is the Real Techniques blush brush. I love this brush because it is so big and fluffy which makes applying blusher so quick and easy. The one I've been reaching for recently is Breezy by MAC.

To apply by base, I have moved away from the Real Techniques buffing brush recently, and towards the powder brush from Spectrum. This started when I went to get my makeup done at the Illamsqua counter in self ridges a couple of weeks ago and the lovely gent applied the Illamsqua skin base foundation - I've done a review on it here - with a powder brush. The result was amazing! So I went home and tried this with my other foundations, and I was not disappointed. I used smaller amounts and just kept adding more and my skin looked so flawless and airbrushed, without looking cakey. I'm not sure if I'll ever go back to my previous ways!

The Real Techniques contour brush is next. I use this to buff in my concealer under my eyes and around my nose. I find that it is the perfect size and shape to get into the corners and it creates such a flawless cover.

The MAC 168 is a large angled contour brush, I use this to add a bit of colour to my face, and to generally warm things up a bit. My favourite bronzer at the moment is the NYC big bold bronzer, and I find that when applied with the 168, it literally takes seconds to apply, but looks like I have spent ages contouring!

And finally is the eyebrow brush from Spectrum. I love this brush because it is nice and small, so you can make small short brush strokes which makes your brows look so much more natural that using a thicker brush (like the real techniques one). Because this brush is quite small, you can build up the colour as well, so you don't end up with huuuuge drawn on brows.

What are your most used brushes? 

X







2 comments

  1. I love the RT blush brush too! The shape shouldn't work but somehow does :) love the look of the MAC contour brush as well. I'm currently using my Zoeva eye brushes all the time xx

    Magpie Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RT have literally changed the way I wear makeup! ahaha ooohh the Zoeva ones look fab! xx

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...