5 Things: Haircare


I don't think I take enough care of my hair, I am constantly using heat tools and I have bleached the ends multiple times. So, in effort to get it back to the condition it once was, I have pulled together a couple of my favourites.

After washing my hair with the Touch of Silver shampoo and conditioner (full review here) I then apply the Korres Shea Butter and Vitamins Hair Mask. I use this in the shower, I use 2 pumps, apply it all over my hair, from root to tip, and then I leave it in for like 3-5 minutes, and then wash out. I love the smell of this, it is quite sweet and warm, but I can imagine some people would hate it. It leaves my hair feeling super shiny and soft, without being heavy or limp. AMAZING!

I've heard lots about how coconut oil can benefit you in so many ways, but mainly, how it is amazing for your hair. I found this Inecto Pure Coconut Oil Leave in Conditioner, it is affordable and has done wonders for my hair. After I bleached my hair, it was left so dry and gross, but then since applying this onto the mid lengths to the ends of my hair, I have noticed a mahooosive improvement. It feels so much softer and healthier, and my ends aren't as bad as they were. I think the best thing about this is the fact that it has a spray nozzle so you don’t end up wasting half of the product!

The John Freida Frizz Ease Extra Strength Hair Serum has literally been my saviour! My natural hair is very curly and super frizzy, and this just helps to smooth down all of the frizz and fly aways and makes my hair look so much healthier. I like to use this on wet and dry hair. So before I blow dry, I will take one pump of this and apply it on mainly the ends of my hair, and then after I have dried my hair, I will take another pump and will apply it throughout the mid lengths. The only thing I would say is be careful of how much you're applying because it is quite thick and heavy so if you apply too much, your hair will look super greasy and you'll have to wash it all over again.





The Tresemme Split End Remedy is supposed to repair split ends. Now, it works amazingly at soothing them and making them look less dry, and reducing the visibility of them, but to say it actually repairs them is a bold statement. I pop a little bit of this on to the ends of my hair after I have styled it and it just keeps everything looking nice and hydrated.



I absolutely HATE first day hair. You know when it's too clean, and nothing works and it's just flat? I like to use the VO5 Give Me Texture Dry Texturizing Spray. It is kind of like using dry shampoo, in the way that it just gives so much texture, but without all the chalky-ness. I love how it gives a little bit of grit, without making your hair look like it hasn't been washed in a while. I like to backcomb slightly at the roots and then spritz this all over from root to tip, to give a natural un-done look.

Have you tried any of these products?



Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...